Friday, January 11, 2013

Ugly Collage frames give it a new life

This post is  all about doing the unexpected. I came across this large beaten up wood frame meant to hold family photos.  Well I hate them to me collage frames like that usually have no real theme and that takes away from the individual photos.  So here is what I did.  First I painted the whole thing white and then I painted in the photos.  They are all woodland animals turned into little painted snap shots.  The wood looks so much fresher this antiqued white than it did as a scratched up beaten up old walnut.
 Then I loved how it looked but wanted something to unite it all so I went with the big vine and flowers scroll type thing.  It is not my favorite design but it would bring this together nicely.  Now I at the least of a creative work not some old half assed frame.  Hope you have enjoyed this post of Jazzing up your crap.
This will be available later this week in my etsy shop www.cappysue.etsy.com  Thanks for your time
Cappy

No comments:

Post a Comment