Saturday, August 3, 2013

Sharpie and alcohol jazzing up a doily

 So I love to jazz up crap for other people but this was first not really crap just a little dull and I wanted to make it work for me.   So the above photo is of some plain white doilies my friend sent me.  I love them and am using some as plain white but I wanted to do something special with this one.  It is for the Fall.  I love decorating for the fall and wanted it to match my Fall decorations and be the place to set a ceramic pumpkin I love.  So I tried out a cool thing I saw in a crafting group.  I used sharpie to make a design. 
 This was my design I was hoping it would melt some and become like a water color.  Now some people say to pull the fabric tight and use an eye dropper.  I am sure those work great but I applied the alcohol with a paint brush.  Then at the end I gave it a quick wash in alcohol and rinsed and dried. 
This is what I ended up with and I love it.  This will be perfect for my Fall decorations and it was easy and fun to do.  So there you go folks jazz up your crap.  Also I do not remember what link I saw first but I like this one so here it is.  http://handmakemyday.com/2012/04/30/crafternoon-sharpie-marker-scarves/
Love
Cappy

No comments:

Post a Comment